- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- handful of fresh basil and cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ears of sweet corn, husked, scrubbed, and kerneled
- 1/2 small Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 3 radishes, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- Chop herbs and whisk together with mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper. (If vegan, dairy-free, or you just don’t like mayo: substitute mayo with vegannaise and corn milk for the sour cream–after cutting off kernels, run flat edge of knife down ears of corn to release the sweet milk.)
- Clean vegetables.* Cut kernels off of corn (discarding the cores), and chop other vegetables to desired sizes (I like the radishes and onion to be fairly tiny and the cucumber and avocado to be a little bigger, personally).
- Toss vegetables into dressing and mix. Serve with sprigs of herbs as garnish, if desired.
*Note: All vegetables are raw in this dish–no cooking required. So, it’s a fast dish with fantastic colors and flavors. Since everything is raw, make sure you use the freshest produce possible and clean everything well. This salad is a great alternative to potato salad or coleslaw at a picnic or as a “salsa” on top of curried chicken and rice. Serves 6 to 8.