Search This Blog:
This is My Journey!
- "It is God to whom and with whom we travel, and while He is the end of our journey, He is also at every stopping place." — Elisabeth Elliot
- Love getting pictures from customers of how and where they hang… instagram.com/p/BeGEeN3A-hzu… 1 year ago
- A beautiful set for a client who plans to hang them side by side… instagram.com/p/BcbEGiug8PG2… 1 year ago
Link your site to My Journey To Lean.
This Week’s Top Ten
- Weekly Recipe Ideas and Meal Plan
- Campfire Lunches - Fun Idea For Kids
- Recipe: Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Weekly Recipes and Meal Plan
- Wedding Flowers: Rustic Elegance
- Recipe Ideas
- Get a Star-Quality Midriff
- A Few of My Favorite Things...from Indie Craft Parade
- Ploughman's Lunch Recipe by Ina Garten
- Recipe: Creamy Parsnip, Potato, and Carrot Soup
Tag Archives: vacation
Wow! Lots has been happening since school finished up last week. It was amazing to finally have an absolutely free weekend! No house projects, no school hanging over my head, no plans! It was great! You saw the post about Nations Bakery in Lyman. That was such an enjoyable time with good friends! Bryan even said we may have to switch it up and go there instead of Panera for our Saturday brunch dates. I will be good and pick a heart-healthy and figure-friendly option, along with my columbian coffee, of course!
After church on Sunday, we decided to grab Ruby Tuesday’s for lunch (they have the best salad bar in town)! Then we went for a drive up to Brevard, across the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville, and home again. It was very relaxing and a good chance to just chat. We finished the evening with some yard work. We’ve had a hard time fitting in yard work between afternoon showers recently, but we’re thankful for the rain!
We also finally found flights to Denver below $300pp, so we went ahead and booked a fall vacation! I can’t wait! We have so many friends out there now and it’s just so beautiful! Praying some of our friends from here can join us this time! I haven’t had a vacation since last Christmas, so I am definitely looking forward to it!
Monday, I met with a personal trainer client! We had such a great time talking and getting to know each other. I was able to give her some simple, practical tips for her health journey. Then we were able to go over to TJMaxx to check out their fitness equipment. I look forward to being her trainer! I think we’re going to get along splendidly. I was able to help her pick out a yoga mat and some resistance bands.
I found a punching bag and boxing gloves set for $17 at Ross, and put that together last night. Pumping up the punching bag took forever and was a real workout! I also found a great pair of wicking pants for $7 and picked up a set of resistance bands for myself.
Helping people on their personal health and fitness journey is so much fun! Our friends Dave & Rachel and we are going to check out (and hopefully join) ZX Fitness tonight! We decided that we should do something as couples other than just eat, so we’re planning on joining a gym together and working out together on a regular basis. It’s only $10pp/month, so I hope it’s as good as it sounds. I have another friend who already goes to this gym, and she loves it. The other plus sides are it’s literally around the corner from my house (as in, I could walk to it!) and it’s open 24 hrs./day! ZX stands for Zero eXcuses! I am very excited to check it out!