We don’t go out for Valentine’s Day. And we don’t buy flowers or stuffed animals, or anything like that. But we did decide to celebrate and have a special “us night” in. We started with a special organic stir-fry dinner (recipe below), then went for a nice walk, stopped by Target and picked out Valentine’s Day cards, exchanged them, and promptly stuck them back on the shelves, laughing and smiling. Then we headed home for some organic strawberries and organic chocolate truffles (free from Earthfare this week), while watching a sweet & funny episode of Chuck (one of our favorite TV series). I love hanging out with my man!
He created a fabulous ginger citrus stir-fry tonight, using all kinds or organic goodness! Here’s the ingredients:
- 2-3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 bunch of organic baby bok choy, chopped
- 8 organic baby carrots, chopped
- 8 organic baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2″ fresh organic ginger root, peeled and chopped
- juice of 1 organic blood orange (and zest, if desired)
- 1 organic rotisserie chicken, about 3 lbs., shredded (seasoned with butter, fresh garlic, salt, pepper, and garlic powder)
Start with a wok at 250-300F, add butter and melt, then add vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes, then ginger, garlic and juice and cook for 1-2 more minutes, and finally the chicken, until warmed through.
Serve with the following accompaniment, sauteed over medium low heat:
- 1 tsp. butter
- 4 organic scallions, chopped
- 1/4 organic red pepper, diced
- 1/4 organic green pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Kame all-natural sweet chili sauce
Definitely eat with chopsticks and dim the lighting! (Sorry, the dinner pics were taken on Bryan’s iPhone, which didn’t like the dim lighting as much as we did!)
Bon Appetit! And Happy Valentine’s Day!