This year, a couple of friends and I are attempting to read one book per week on average. Some weeks may be just a few chapters of two or three different books, and other weeks may be finishing multiple books, but by the end of the year, the goal is to have read 52 books! I was inspired by Tim Challies’ 2017 Christian Reading Challenge (pictured below), so I thought I’d give it a try. And I’m going to attempt to do at least a mini review of the books as I go. I tend to have at least one theology book, one fiction book, and one either self-help or other genre going at any given time anyway, so this just motivates me to finish the books I start (unless they’re really not worth reading by chapter 3), branch out into new topics and authors, and watch TV less. 😉 Who’s with me?!
Search This Blog:
This is My Journey!
- "It is God to whom and with whom we travel, and while He is the end of our journey, He is also at every stopping place." — Elisabeth Elliot
- Love getting pictures from customers of how and where they hang… instagram.com/p/BeGEeN3A-hzu… 12 months ago
- A beautiful set for a client who plans to hang them side by side… instagram.com/p/BcbEGiug8PG2… 1 year ago
Link your site to My Journey To Lean.
This Week’s Top Ten
- Rejoice in the Lord by Ron Hamilton
- Book Review: Food, Fitness, and Faith For Women
- A New Approach: MyPyramid.Gov
- Happy Administrative Professionals Day!
- Recipe: Ham, Bean and Barley Soup
- Free eBook from Leo Babauta of Zen Habits
- Theme: God's Faithfulness
- Learning from Elisabeth Elliot
- This Week's Meal Plan
- Campfire Lunches - Fun Idea For Kids