Frontline Missions International (FMI), where I have the privilege to work and serve, has just released their sixth episode of the Dispatches from the Front DVD series. The whole series has a powerful message of God calling and equipping servants for Kingdom work; this particular episode shows how God uses professionals, those with skills and talents, for His Glory in hard to reach places. Each episode also has some special features, including an image gallery and study guide! Some episodes include special bonus clip interviews, and this one includes a recording and song sheets for “The Power of His Rising” song.
It’s available for a limited time for only $5 from WTSBooks.com until April 26th! The ad above and endorsements below are from WTS’s website regarding this incredible sale! The normal price is $15, and we’ll be offering them on the Dispatches website for $10 until June 1st, but you can’t beat $5! If you’ve never seen these documentary-style glimpses into real-life missions, now is the time to buy!
Back Cover: “Over two billion people in the world have no access to the Gospel—no Bible, no church, no Christians, no hope. Since many of them live in countries closed to traditional missionaries, how will they hear the Good News? One way is that Christ is calling and equipping men and women with skills—professionals—to use their talents to reach people who are hard to get to. The Power of His Rising is an inside look at how this is unfolding in South Asia, where baristas and bakers, pilots and farmers are a force for the Gospel! It’s an amazing journey by land, sea and air—down crowded streets and remote rivers—to find light shining in darkness and persecuted believers singing because of Jesus! Dispatches from the Front opens yet another window to see Christ at work in the world through His endless life and relentless grace!” Running Time: 65 minutes
Watch the trailer here:
Posted in Resources, Spiritual
Tagged $5, Burk Parsons, Carl Trueman, Chun Lai, D.A. Carson, Dave Harvey, DFF6, difficult places, Dispatches, dispatches from the front, documentary, DVD series, FMI, Frontline Missions International, gospel, John Piper, Joshua Harris, missions, Pete Hansen, sale, The Power of His Rising, Tim Keesee, Westminster, WTS Books
Desiring God Ministries has a free download available of a new devotional by John Piper. “Love to the Uttermost” provides a devotional reading for each day beginning with Palm Sunday and going through Easter Sunday. I’m looking forward to reading this, and thought you might find it to be a helpful resource as well.
Click on the image above to link to Desiring God’s page, where you can download a free PDF, EPUB (for Nook and iBooks), or MOBI (for Kindle) file.
Note: As I have not read this resource yet, I should qualify that opinions and doctrine expressed in the materials do not necessarily reflect my own.
I recently started working for Frontline Missions International, and I wanted to let you know of an incredible resource that Frontline has available. Over the past several years, they’ve been producing the “Dispatches from the Front” DVD series, providing glimpses into international missions in the world’s hard to reach places. They are inspiring, convicting, Christ-focused and professionally produced!
The first five episodes of the “Dispatches from the Front” series are now available in a boxed set at Amazon for only $50! These boxed sets would make great gifts! It’s not too early to start planning for Christmas!
Boxed Set Includes the following DVDs (normally $15 per DVD):
- Episode 1: Islands on the Edge (Southeast Asia)
- Episode 2: A Bold Advance (Albania, Kosovo, and Montenegro)
- Episode 3: I Once Was Blind (West Africa)
- Episode 4: Souls of the Brave (India)
- Episode 5: Father, Give Me Bread (Ethiopia and South Sudan)
These videos are worth watching and sharing! And if you don’t want to take my word for it, here’s what others are saying:
- “Beware of watching these Dispatches if you don’t like being moved and inspired and shaken out of the ruts of your life. My wife and I were riveted in watching the frontline reports of God’s work recorded in the Dispatches from the Front. This is the sort of information that builds faith in the present providence of God over his mission, and stirs up action for the sake of lost and hurting people near and far. I would love to see thousands of people mobilized as senders and goers for the sake of the glory of Christ and the relief of suffering on the frontiers, especially eternal suffering. ” – John Piper, author of Desiring God; pastor for preaching and vision, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis
- “I want, and I want my kids to have, a heart for world missions. These videos stir that passion. . . . I would highly recommend this series.” – Joshua Harris, senior pastor, Covenant Life Church, Gaithersburg, MD
- “Dispatches offers a potent reminder that in the darkest places, the gospel shines brightest. It should come with a warning label. Danger: Graphic scenes of mission reality that will disrupt your comfort and ignite your heart for God’s work on the frontlines. Pray, watch and act!” – Dave Harvey, Sovereign Grace Ministries, Church Planting & Missiology
- “Dispatches is like watching a reality television show. You feel like you are there, and you sense the emotions and crises of the people you meet on the screen; but it is not entertainment. It opens the vistas of spiritual reality, and after it is over you can’t just turn it off and walk away. You have to pray and say, ‘Lord, what would you have me do?’” – Mark Vowels, director of missions, Bob Jones University, and long-time friend of the family
- “In Dispatches from the Front: Islands on the Edge the stories are powerful because the Gospel is powerful. We made this DVD presentation the focal point of a Sunday evening service recently, and the Lord used it to cause our people to “lift up their eyes and look on the fields” in new and fresh ways–seeing the faces, hearing the voices, and sharing in the sorrows and joys of our brothers and sisters in southeast Asia.” – Dan Brooks, senior pastor, Heritage Bible Church, Greer, SC, and my pastor
Order Here! You will not regret it!
Posted in Resources
Tagged Christmas, danny brooks, Dave Harvey, DFF, Dispatches, dispatches from the front, dvds, Frontline Missions, gift ideas, gift set, John Piper, Joshua Harris, Mark Vowels, missions, sovereign grace