The first one makes me laugh and cry all at the same time. The second one is just hilarious…and special because the dad has two girls and a boy, like in our family growing up.
Happy Birthday, Dad! Thanks for teaching me to love God and love others. Thanks for providing and protecting, for counseling and guiding, and for always knowing how to make me laugh…even if I didn’t always understand your humor. I love you! And you’re still my hero!
Use a serrated knife to retain the integrity of the tomato.
Drizzle with Dad's "Famous" Thousand Island Dressing and Sprinkle with Raw Sugar
Dad’s “Famous” Thousand Island Dressing
Mix all ingredients together until smooth:
- Mayo (about as much as the amount of dressing you want)
- Relish (about one spoonful)
- Chili Sauce (until it’s the right color)
- Lemon Juice (one capful, not much)
- Sugar (half a pinch)
- Salt (half a pinch – dad says this is the “secret ingredient”)