This Week’s Basket from Milk and Honey Organics included Parisi Farms Beets with Greens, Carrots, Garnet Yams, Leeks, Rio Red Ruby Grapefruit, Shallots, D’Anjou Pears, Honey Tangerines, Brussels Sprouts, Parisi Farms Collard Greens, Red Bell Peppers, and (Boston) Butter Lettuce.
This Week’s Meal Plan:
Recipes from This Week’s Meal Plan:
Other Recipes from Meal Plan are available on the Recipes Archive page at Milk and Honey Organics’ blog.
Posted in Organic, Weekly Recipe Lists
Tagged beet greens, beets, bell peppers, brussels sprouts, carrots, Collard Greens, grapefruit, leeks, lettuce, milkandhoneyorganics, pears, shallots, tangerines, yams
We just missed Ivan (from Milk & Honey Organics) tonight, so we arrived home with a cooler full of fresh, organic fruits and veggies on our doorstep. There was a ton this week! I’m so excited! I already started Twice Baked Potatoes and Strawberries Romanoff for dinner tonight!
This Week’s Basket: 3 Hurricane Creek Farms Beefsteak tomatoes, 1 bunch Furman University Organic Garden’s Collard Greens, 3 Granny Smith Apples, 3 Red Navel Cara Cara Oranges, 1 Acorn Squash, 1 Cauliflower head, 2 Jumbo Yellow Onions, 1 large bunch Curly Parsley, 1 bunch Bananas, 1 Red Leaf Lettuce head, 2 handfuls of Russet Potatoes, 2 Leeks, and 1 pint Florida Strawberries. I feel so blessed! I love Milk & Honey Organics! All this is 100% Organic and only cost me $35, including the delivery!!
Here are some ideas for what to do with it:
Hurricane Creek Farms Beefsteak Tomatoes:
Furman University Organic Garden’s Collard Greens:
Granny Smith Apples:
Red Navel Cara Cara Oranges:
Jumbo Yellow Onions:
- Enjoy in a smoothie
- Slice on top of waffles
- Peel and freeze – blend with chocolate syrup and PB for a quick ice cream treat (My Favorite Protein Shake)
- Or eat by itself
Red Leaf Lettuce:
- Add one boiled to thicken a soup
- Shred, add an egg and make into a crust for an egg pie (see recipe under Onions above)
- Irish Cheddar Potato Bites – from Whole Foods Market
- Twice Baked Potatoes – my version
- Roasted Potato Wedges
- Potato Soup
- Strawberry Mint Sprint Rolls – from All Recipes
- Strawberries Romanoff with Real Whipped Cream (Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook)
- Toss in a salad with spinach, pecans, and goat cheese, topped with balsamic vinaigrette
- Strawberry Soup – my version adapted from a DesignSponge recipe
Posted in Organic, Recipes
Tagged Acorn Squash, Bananas, Beefsteak tomatoes, cauliflower, Collard Greens, Curly Parsley, Granny Smith Apples, Jumbo Yellow Onions, leeks, milk & honey organics, Red Leaf Lettuce, Red Navel Cara Cara Oranges, Russet Potatoes, strawberries, weekly recipes