This Week’s Basket (from Milk and Honey Organics) Included Hurricane Creek’s Lettuce, Parisi Farms’ Cherokee Purple Tomatoes, Parisi Farms’ White Sweet Potatoes, Bioway Farms’ Garlic, Bananas, South Carolina Peaches, Red Delicious Apples, White Mushrooms, Beets with Beet Greens, Local Collards, Apricots, and Jumbo Red Onions.
This Week’s Meal Plan (using PepperPlate.com):
Recipes for this Week’s Meal Plan:
- Carnitas with Black Beans and Cilantro Lime Rice (“Carnitas” not included in this week’s plan, but feel free to add it as a delicious accompaniment to your beans and rice!)
- Tomato Egg Cups
- For Cheesy Grits, follow package instructions and add 1/2 c. of shredded cheddar (or your favorite cheese) during the last 2 minutes of cooking; a few cloves of minced garlic is also a nice addition.
- For the Garlic Toast, I highly recommend mincing fresh garlic and spreading it on your toast with butter before broiling. Yum!
- Fettucine Alfredo (homemade Alfredo Sauce)
- Brown Rice Bar (aka “Unfried Rice”) – a great way to use up leftovers!
- And, see M&H’s Recipes Archive page!
- Bananas make a great snack, or peel them and freeze them to add to a quick breakfast smoothie!
Posted in Weekly Recipe Lists
Tagged apples, apricots, Bananas, beets and greens, bioway farms, Collards, garlic, hurricane creek, lettuce, local, milk and honey organics, mushrooms, onions, Organic, parisi farms, peaches, sweet potatoes, Tomatoes
Sweet & Spicy Chicken: Melt butter over medium high heat; season chicken; sear in skillet 3 minutes on each side (till browned), then cover and cook for 15-20 minutes (until juices run clear).
Garlic Spinach: Melt butter of medium heat, add garlic and spinach, season and sautee 3-5 minutes, just until spinach is wilted. Serve as a side dish, or fold into finished couscous (recipe below).
- 2 c. spinach
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. prepared garlic
- salt & pepper, to taste
Moroccan Couscous: bring water, couscous, and bouillon to boil; reduce heat and cook for 8-10 minutes; add rest of ingredients and warm through.
- 1 c. uncooked couscous
- 1 ¼ c. water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Cinnamon – ½ tsp.
- Ginger – ½ tsp. grated ginger root (or a pinch of ground ginger)
- Lemon Zest – zest of ½ lemon
- Garlic – ½ tsp. prepared
- Apricot – 6 dried halves, chopped
- Golden raisins – ¼ c.
- ¼ c. slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste