Chocolate Cashew Crust Ingredients:
- 2 c. unsalted cashews
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. coconut butter (or coconut oil; if not worried about dairy, butter might be a good substitute)
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. fine Himalayan sea salt
Crust Instructions: Add cashews to food processor and pulse till coarsely chopped. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until thoroughly combined. Press into greased 8″ round (or square) pan (I use Trader Joe’s coconut oil spray and wet my hands slightly to press the crust on the bottom and sides of the pan; you could use a spring-form pan, if desired). Chill in freezer until ready to fill.
Chocolate Coconut Ganache Filling Ingredients:
- 16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz.) Trader Joe’s full fat coconut cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Filling Instructions: Bring coconut cream to low boil over medium-low heat. Empty chocolate chips into a large glass bowl. Pour boiling coconut cream over chips, let sit for 2-5 minutes, then whisk gently till smooth. Add vanilla and whisk gently until combined. Pour into chilled crust. Return to refrigerator to set and chill for at least 2 hours.
Top with any or all of the following:
- 1/4 – 1/2 c. coconut flakes
- 1/4 c. roughly chopped, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 – 1 c. whipped coconut cream (or whipped cream, if not concerned about being dairy-free)
- 1/2 – 1 c. fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or a combination would be nice; or you could serve this on the side)
Serving Instructions: Serve chilled in small slices or petit-four sized squares. Just before serving, sprinkle with 1-2 tsp. coarse, pink, Himalayan sea salt (if you do this earlier, the salt may dissolve into the dessert). It looks especially nice on top of whipped cream or whipped coconut cream, since it’s a beautiful pink! Serves 12-24 (depending on how large you cut). Bonus: This recipe is gluten free and dairy free! Bon appetit!