Todd and his family are active members of our church and an amazing testimony of God’s strength and hope. Todd turns 16 next week and has been battling cancer since early fall 2012. Tonight’s activities is at the Pavilion Recreation Complex in Taylors, South Carolina, and will include Ice Skating, Bounce House, Indoor Soccer and more! Family friendly.
Video created by Todd’s cousin Quinn.
$10 at the Door (suggested donation per person)
- 80% of the proceeds from this event will go to the Lurtey Family.
- 20% will be donated to cancer related beneficiaries in Todd’s name.
If you are unable to join the late skate, there is still an option to assist with expenses by either mailing a check or donating online. Checks may be made payable to: Lurtey Family Fund, 2502-B Wade Hampton Blvd., Greenville, SC 29615. For additional information regarding the event or donating online, please see the event website: http://drumcreative.com/toddlurtey.
One of Praying for Todd Lurtey‘s friends has made a generous offer to go along with the Late Skate: Charity Event for Todd Lurtey. “Pledge to give $40 or more and receive a pound of this special ‘Beans on a Mission’ blend.” For more information please see Jonathan Pait’s link: http://www.idoitfor.org/toddlurtey/.
Micah Pretlove wrote a prayer guide for the Lurtey family:
- Todd personally
- Healing – IF it is God’s will
- Pain – that there won’t be much
- Comfort/peace – that he would really feel it
- His family
- Understanding – to know God’s will
- Rest – they’re exhausted
- Endurance – they will get through this
- Together as a family
- Closeness – continued bonding
- Continued examples of Christlikeness
Todd got to be on Your Carolina this week, with his cousin and uncle, promoting this Late Skate Charity Event! Check it out here: http://www.yourcarolina.tv/video/entry/late_skate/. What a sweet testimony of God’s grace during extremely difficult times!