Journey Journal: Days 30-32

Day 30: Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Doing better with the no dairy routine. I’m either drinking my coffee black or having it with unsweetened almond or coconut milk. I think I prefer the coconut the best. Had a delicious, mixed greens salad with strawberries and slivered almonds for lunch, along with a whole grain wrap with turkey, lettuce, tomato, green peppers, avocado, and Polynesian dressing. I will definitely do that again! Had a good workout after work, followed by  a quick dinner of scrambled eggs, mushrooms and onions in a whole grain tortilla. Then went to shepherding group for a time of prayer and refreshment.

Day 31: Thursday, January 31, 2013

Well, after realizing the elliptical we bought was missing parts, waiting for the parts to come in, being told the parts are no longer available, and getting offered a different model with no extra charge, we finally got our elliptical delivered today. Unfortunately, it is much larger than I expected and looks hideous in literally every room of the house. So, we have to decide if we’re keeping it because we’ll use it, or if it needs to go and we need to keep looking. Meal choices were good today, but I’m feeling a little frustrated and foggy–will talk to my nutritionist tomorrow. In the meantime, Bryan made me curry for dinner with rice and green beans and field peas, and we watched Whisper of the Heart (animé), followed by hot tea and homemade oatmeal raisin cookies (watch the movie and you’ll understand the food choices). It was a good evening.

Day 32: Friday, February 1, 2013

Good day at work, and good workout at lunch with my friend Leigh. Battered some fish cubes in a combination of GF-flour and pecan meal, and served with steamed rice with coconut oil, and veggies. Actually really enjoying using coconut oil. And I like all the health benefits it offers!

My nutritionist responded and said that feeling fatigued and foggy is normal during a detox/cleanse (aka, taking herbs, drinking lots of water, and getting off of dairy). She said the side effects should go away within a week and to let her know if they don’t subside. She also recommended extra sleep and water, and Epsom salt baths. That makes me feel better! So, I’m not setting my alarm for Saturday morning–since we have no plans till after lunch…other than making homemade pancakes and fruit salad for an at-home brunch date.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s