This Week’s Basket from Milk and Honey Organics Included Celery, Kiwi, Valencia Oranges, South Carolina Peaches, Local Green Bell Peppers, Flavorosa Pluots, Spinach, White Corn, Hurricane Creek Red Oak Lettuce, Parisi Farms Tomatoes, Parisi Farms Potato Medley and Parisi Farms Marketmore Cucumbers. What a beautiful summer basket!!
Weekly Menu Plan:
New Recipes: (others can be found on M&H’s Recipes Archive Page)
- Fruit, Cheese and Herb Skewers (instead of skewers, I layer them in a large mouth mason jar and drizzle with a mixture of 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar + 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar – it’s faster and has a fun tangy sweetness!)
- Green Pepper Egg Rings with Tomatoes
- Giada’s Spinach Lasagna Rolls
- Cream Cheese Dill Spread (for Cucumber Sandwiches and/or Veggie Dip): combine 2 blocks of cream cheese with 1/2 c. mayonnaise and 1/2 c. sour cream; add 1 Tbsp. dried dill (or 2 Tbsp. fresh), 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Peel cucumbers and slice thin for sandwiches.
- Chicken Satay
- Thai Cucumber Salad (add cooked and chilled rice noodles to salad, if desired, or serve rice noodles hot on the side)
- “Compost Pizza”