Recipe: Kale and White Bean Soup by Melissa McKinnon
Kale and White Bean Soup
by Melissa McKinnon
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5-6 baby carrots, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- water (about 3 cups)
- 2 tsp. chicken bouillon (or 2 cubes)
- 1 can cannelloni beans, with liquid
- Melt butter in stockpot over medium heat.
- Add onions, shallot, garlic, olive oil, carrots, salt, pepper, and herbs. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until onions are translucent, stirring regularly.
- Add tomatoes, potato, and kale and cook 3-5 minutes, until kale begins to wilt.
- Cover with water, just to the top of the vegetables, add bouillon, and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add beans with liquid, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are tender but still firm.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with a hearty bread.
This entry was posted in Recipes
and tagged bean
, white bean
. Bookmark the permalink
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: