St. Patrick’s Day is traditionally a day of Irish inspired feasting, recognizing the patron saint of Ireland for bringing Christianity to Ireland. There is wearing of green and talking of leprechauns and eating of corned beef, potatoes and cabbage.
This Week’s Basket from Milk and Honey Organics included traditional Irish ingredients, like Local Green Cabbage and Red Potatoes, Jumbo Carrots and Yellow Onions, along with some other seasonal goodies, including Parisi Farms Turnip Greens, Parisi Farms Beets with Greens, Cherry Tomatoes, Bananas, Valencia Oranges, Braeburn Apples, Rio Red Ruby Grapefruit, Shallots, and Boston Butter Lettuce.
This Week’s Meal Plan:
- Garlic and Herb Tomatoes
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage with Carrots and Potatoes
- Simple and Delicious Beet Greens
- Over the Rainbow Cabbage Salad with Tahini-Lemon Dressing
- Southern-Style Turnip Greens
- Chicken, Cashew, and Red Pepper Stir-Fry