This Week’s Basket from Milk and Honey Organics Included: Green Beans, N.C. Covington Yams, Rainbow Chard, Brussels Sprouts, Fuji Apples, Hurricane Creek Tomatoes, Yellow Onions, Grapefruit, Green Leaf Lettuce, Garlic, Sunburst Tangerines, and Blueberries. What a colorful basket!
Some of you may be thinking, “Brussels Sprouts?! Really!? Who eats Brussels Sprouts?!” This poor vegetable has earned a bad rap, especially among kids. My personal opinion is that if you’re thinking that, you’ve never had Brussels Sprouts prepared properly. I don’t know about you, but as soon as I took the picture of this week’s basket’s, I put everything else away, and immediately cleaned the Brussels Sprouts and cut them in half, pan frying them with salt, pepper and garlic in a combination of butter and olive oil. Yum!
Now for this week’s meal plan, using Pepperplate.com:
Recipes from this week’s meal plan:
- Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts (basil, optional)
- White Bean Chili with Chicken and Greens (use chard instead of collards)
- Daphne Oz’s Mushroom Sliders with Sweet Potato Oven Fries
- Tomatoes Stuffed with Chicken Salad
- Veggie Burgers
- Michael Symon’s Grilled Salmon with Shaved Carrot and Peanut Salad
- Asian Green Beans
- Apple Pie
- Beautiful Borscht with Kraut
- Oatmeal and Wheat Flour Blueberry Pancakes
- Swiss Chard and Swiss Cheese Egg Pie
- P.F.Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Garbanzo Bean Balls
Other Recipe Options:
- Browned Brussels Sprouts with Orange and Walnuts
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranates and Vanilla Pecan Butter
- See the Recipe Archives page for even more ideas.