This Week’s Basket included Garlic, Ginger, Ruby Grapefruit, Satsuma Mandarins, D’Anjou Pears, Kiwis, Jonagold Apples, BioWay Turnips with Greens, Parisi Green or Red Cabbage, Hurricane Creek Cucumbers and Tomatoes, and Parisi Lettuce and Sweet Potatoes (the sweet potatoes were an extra in my basket because I blog for M&H, plus I got a few extra kiwi and pears that aren’t shown). Needless to say, this was a really excellent basket this week!
I used PepperPlate.com to create the meal plan, once again. I’m liking this site/app more and more every time I use it!
This Week’s Recipe Ideas:
- Michael Symon’s Bacon Noodle Surprise (uses green cabbage and onion)
- Pomegranate Orange Salad (use satsumas and garlic)
- Shrimp Tacos with Apple Cucumber Salsa
- Southern-Style Turnip Greens
- Cider-Glazed Turnips
- Roasted Turnips and Greens (also uses garlic and could use satsumas instead of orange)
- Lamb Chops with Asian Pear and Kiwi Salsa
- Over the Rainbow Cabbage Salad with Tahini Lemon Dressing
- Stuffed Cabbage Soup
- Cabbage, Polish Sausage and Pierogies (basic Pierogies recipe)
- Chop-Chop Salad (Mexican inspired crunchy salad with cucumber, grapefruit, onion, garlic, jicama, and more)
- Sweet Potato Bread
Other recipes on the meal plan can be found in the Recipe Archives on the Milk and Honey Organics blog. Here’s the recipe for the Turkey Feta Meatballs and Tomato Caper Pasta (an original favorite of mine). Enjoy!