This week’s basket from Milk and Honey Organics included Braeburn Apples, D’Anjou Pears, Kiwifruit, Red Potatoes, Navel Oranges, Broccoli, Portabella Mushroom Halves, Parisi Farms’ Lettuce Mix and Butternut Squash, Bio-Way Farm’s Cilantro and Greens (Sensopai, Collards, or Kale), Hurricane Creek Farm’s Cucumbers, and Chef’s Greenhouse Radish Microgreens (picture taken via Instagram).
And here is the Meal Plan I created using PepperPlate.com (an amazing online recipe organizer and meal planner that populates a shopping list):
Recipes from This Week’s Meal Plan:
- Daphne Oz’s Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Broccoli Stir Fry with Ginger and Sesame
- Mom’s Mediterranean Chicken (portabella mushrooms)
- Sweet Pear, Butternut Squash and Ginger Crumble
- Autumn Apple, Pear and Cheddar Salad with Pecans
- Grilled Salmon with Red Potato Salad and Greens (use kale)
- Warm Farro with Winter Vegetables (orange, butternut squash, kale)
- Cucumber Kiwi Salsa
- Carla Hall’s Grilled Pork Tenderloin Tacos (cilantro)
- Broccoli Pepper Salad
- Broccoli Bites
- Creamy Banana Kale Smoothie
- Bavette Pasta with Pumpkin and Sausage (substitute butternut squash for pumpkin)
- Lamb Chops with Asian Pear and Kiwi Salsa
- Thai Cucumber Salad
- Apple and Cheddar Quesadillas
- Butternut Squash Lasagna
And some extra recipes that might be fun:
- Apple Bleu Cheese Salad
- Apple, Pear and Cucumber Salad
- Apple-Pear Cobbler
- Broccoli Salad by The Neelys
- Butternut Squash and Kale Salad
- Kiwi Orange Creamsicles
- La Gruyere Salad with Apples and Cider Vinaigrette
- Orange French Toast
- Quinoa with Balsamic Roasted Mushrooms and Pears
Also, I am eager to attempt Homemade English Muffins from Simply Life’s Blog!
I hope you all have a restful and refreshing weekend full of delicious, healthful meals and some down time. The only thing I have planned is a walk with a friend, coffee (and maybe dinner) with another friend, and church on Sunday. I love low-key weekends!
What’s on YOUR menu this week?!