Much of this site is dedicated to Healthy Living. Most of us value our health, but what does “health” mean to you? A while back, I shared my definition as follows:“strong, sound & whole body, mind & soul, from proper rest, spirit refresh, nutritious foods, water & balanced exercise”
Joy Bauer has a Masters degree in Science and is a Registered Dietician and Certified Dietician Nutritionist. She is often seen on the Today show, sharing recipes and tips on healthy living. Today, I have a special offer direct from Joy!
Joy’s book Food Cures: Eat Right to Get Healthier, Look Younger, and Add Years to Your Life has been completely revised and updated. This is NOT your average cookbook! With 500+ pages of tips, recipes, and how to make eating healthful foods easy (instead of another burden in your life or a crazy fad diet), this book is at the top of my list for helpful cookbooks and nutrition resources! Here’s an overview:
Part 1 – “Welcome to My Office” includes two introductory chapters and tips on how to use the book and “think like a nutritionist.”
Each chapter after this includes details about various food-related health issues and a 4-step program for the targeted concern:
- Step 1: Start with the Basics – tips and tricks for dealing with your concern
- Step 2: Your Ultimate Grocery List – featured in the meal plan
- Step 3: Going Above and Beyond – to maximize your results
- Step 4: Meal Plans – a selection of breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and fun food options (with recipes) from which to choose.
Part 2 – “Losing Weight” – Chapter 3 includes weight loss basics, formulas, charts, an explanation of how different foods affect your weight, and a plan overview for creating your own meal plan.
Part 3 – “Looking Great” includes 3 chapters on food that helps skin, hair, and your shiny whites (what Joy calls “Feeding a Beautiful Smile”).
Part 4 – “Living Long and Strong” includes 6 chapters on foods that influence Cardiovascular Disease, Arthritis, Type 2 Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Vision and Memory.
Part 5 – “Feeling Good” includes 7 chapters on foods that affect your mood, migraines, PMS, insomnia, IBS, Celiac Disease, and cancer prevention.
Finally, Part 6 – “Resources” includes how to read a nutrition label, a detailed list of references for each chapter and an in-depth index.
- Contest ends at 12:00PM EST on
Friday, November 11,Tuesday, November 15, 2011. Winners will be announced on Saturday, November 12,Wednesday, November 16, 2011.
- An email address is required when leaving a comment (will not be visible unless you put it in the text portion of your comment). This information will not be shared or sold by MyJourneyToLean.com. It will only be used to contact you if you are the winner.
- Winner will be selected using Random.org. Winner must respond to notification email within 48 hours with shipping address and name to claim prize, or winner will forfeit prize and another drawing will take place.
6 Different Ways to Enter (one comment per entry; one entry per entry type per person – max of six entries if all are completed):
- Leave a comment below letting me know what “Healthy” means to you!
- Subscribe to http://MyJourneyToLean.com and leave a comment that you did so (if you already subscribe, just leave a comment letting me know that too).
- Follow @MyJourneyToLean on Twitter and come back here to leave a comment that you did so.
- Follow My Journey To Lean on Facebook and come back here to leave a comment that you did so.
- Visit www.joybauer.com, sign up for her free newsletter or complete her free diet profile, and come back here to leave a comment that you did so.
- Share this contest on your blog, linking back to MyJourneyToLean.com and leave a comment here with the link to your post included (comments must be left on this blog; comments on other blogs do not qualify) OR email a link to this post to 5 or more of your friends and come back here to leave a comment that you did so.