This week’s basket from Milk and Honey Organics included the following: Bio-Way Scallions, Bio-Way Mustard Greens (hiding off to the left hand side of this picture), Macintosh Apples, Golden Tangelos, Parsnips, Bananas, Seedless Crimson Grapes, Leeks, Spring Mix, Parisi Farms Green Peppers, Parisi Farms Sweet Potatoes, Parisi Farms Eggplant (mine are green).
This Week’s Recipe Ideas:
- Roasted Parmesan Parsnips
- Perfect Fall Salad (with parsnips, apples, and baby greens)
- Pork Tenderloin with Sauteed Apples and Leeks
- Pork Chops with Shallots and Parsnips
- Carrot Orange Smoothie (use tangelos; add fresh or ground ginger)
- Eggplant and Green Pepper Kugel
- Parsnip and Leeks Vegetable Side Dish
- Lamb with Green Peppers
- Cheesy Stuffed Green Peppers with Turkey
- Wash and freeze grapes for a fun, frozen treat!
- Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Banana Loaves
- Gluten Free Apple, Ginger and Spice Scones
- And if you still haven’t used your butternut squash from last week, try using it to make these Crustless Mini Pies.
Go ahead and wash those grapes and toss them in a freezer for a fast, fun snack! I can’t wait to try the “Crustless Mini Pies” using last week’s butternut squash tomorrow night! I might just have to go ahead and make it tonight!
By the way, if your eggplants were green like mine, eggplants don’t change color as they ripen. Some are purple and some are green, so go ahead and throw them in some curry or grill them with olive oil and seasonings. Whatever you do, enjoy them!
Bon Appetit! And have a great weekend!