Our house has been on the market for nearly a year now. We had one offer back in February, but the buyers weren’t pre-approved and were asking a little lower than we could go. At the end of August, our contract with our realtor was ending, and we were planning on taking the house off the market for a couple of months until trying again in January or February. However, on the last day of our contract we got a call for a showing. We had hardly any interest all summer, so we said, “Sure. Why not?!” We extended our contract for a week to give that showing a chance to respond. But they were just starting the house hunting process.
Then, on the last day of the extended contract, we got another call for a new potential buyer. The husband came and looked at our house on Wednesday; he said that he had looked at over 200 homes and ours was one of two homes he was going to have his wife look at it. She came and looked on Sunday and really liked it. Their realtor said we were at the top of their list. We were really excited because we have an opportunity to house-sit for a couple that’s working out of town (and only pay utilities)! We thought, “This will be great when Bryan goes back to school for nursing! We might even be able to save a bit and pay for his education without a loan!”
Then they decided to look at a few more homes, “just to make sure.” Talk about nerve-racking. We prayed and prayed, and asked others to pray. They looked at several more homes and we were still #1, (inner sigh of relief) but (inner gasp) there was one more home they wanted to look at it and couldn’t see until Thursday. So, they looked at that home and ours one more time on Thursday night. They spent an hour and a half at our home on the THIRD showing, and we thought for sure we would have an offer in the morning.
We waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, at noon, our realtor called. He had just gotten off the phone with the other realtor, and after ALL that, they chose the OTHER house! Needless to say, I was disappointed.
At the same time, I know that we serve a sovereign God who is in complete control. I’m not sure why He allowed us to get our hopes up, or even have this couple be interested if they weren’t going to buy it, but He did. So, now we have to decide if we go ahead and take it off the market for a while, if we leave it on the market, or if we switch tracks and try the For Sale By Owner path.
Meanwhile, if you know anyone looking for an adorable 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home in a quite neighborhood in Taylors, SC, with great neighbors, send them our way! Currently listed at $125,900. It’s Move-in-Ready, at a great location, dining room, den, new carpet, fresh paint, newer roof, newer heat pump, great floor plan, low maintenance, approximately 1550 sq. ft., plus rocking chair front porch, screened in back porch, fenced yard, 0.3 acre corner lot, cul de sac! Make us an offer!