The Fourth of July fell on a Monday this year, so we had an extra long weekend. My brother’s fiancée (Lissa) flew in from L.A. and met him (Jordan) and my parents in OH, then they all came down here to spend a long weekend with my sister (Michelle) and me. It was fun to meet Lissa and I think she’ll fit right in with our family.
We had SO much good food while they were here. My sister hosted a BBQ dinner one day, and I made Carnitas, Black Beans and Cilantro Lime Rice for lunch another day. Lissa made her Ceviche to go with the Beans and Rice. And for our last breakfast together, we made omelet cups, scones, and a giant fruit display!
Most of the fruit was from our organic produce basket from Milk and Honey Organics. The honeydew was from EarthFare (I had a coupon for a $2 watermelon, but they were out and graciously let me have the honeydew instead). I literally prayed on the way home that it would be a sweet honeydew (I’m not usually a big fan because they don’t always have a lot of flavor). This one was delicious!! I should pray over my grocery shopping more often!
- Bryan and Josh Spencer took engagement shots for Jordan and Lissa! I accompanied and helped pick out the shoot locations.
- Lunch after the photo shoot at Mellow Mushroom.
- Mom and Dad figuring out their new iPhones.
- We had a showing on Friday before everyone arrived, so it made it easy to get the house clean for company. (Yes, the house is still for sale.)
- Lots of laughs!
- Inordinate amounts of coffee!