Recipe: Citrus Chicken with Roasted Peaches
by Melissa McKinnon
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons raspberry blush balsamic vinegar (or any sweeter vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons organic olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro plus sprigs for garnish
- 2-4 large peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 small whole organic chicken, separated (2 wings, 2 legs, 2 boneless breasts, 2 thighs; or you could use boneless, skinless chicken breast)
Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk together all ingredients (except peaches and chicken). Place chicken and peaches on baking stone (or oiled baking pan) and brush with citrus dressing. Bake for 20-30 minutes (or until chicken is white throughout but still moist); you may need to flip the chicken and peaches half way through baking.
Note: If you have leftover roasted peaches, they would go perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!