Along my journey towards a simpler, healthier lifestyle, I started coming across articles about health and beauty products that weren’t so healthy for you! So many of them have added chemicals, like aluminum in deodorants, for example.
A few months back, I started making my own laundry detergent to avoid the extra chemicals (and save some cash). Last month, I started making my own deodorant. It’s so easy and it really does work! I wanted to test it for a while before I shared the recipe, to make sure it worked, thus the delay in posting this. But, I assure you, it does work and has no hidden chemicals or unnatural elements! And it’s cheaper than buying an all-natural deodorant in the store.
Note, however, that this is NOT an antiperspirant; it’s simply a deodorant. God gave us sweat glands as a built-in mechanism to cool us down and release toxins from our bodies, so I’m not a big fan of antiperspirants, unless you have over-productive sweat glands, of course.
- 1/3 c. organic coconut oil (I used Spectrum brand)
- 1/4 c. all-natural baking soda (I used Arm & Hammer)
- 1/4 c. all-natural cornstarch (I used Cream 100% Pure brand)
- 30 drops lavender essential oil (natural anti-fungal)
- 30 drop tea tree essential oil (natural anti-bacterial)
Do you have a favorite natural beauty product recipe you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.