- 2 Tbsp. Butter (you could use olive oil instead)
- 2 organic Leeks, white portion only, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove organic garlic, finely minced (or 1/2 – 1 tsp. prepared minced garlic)
- 1 c. vegetable broth (I use 1 tsp. vegetable bouillon + 1 c. water)
- 2 c. chicken broth (I use 2 chicken bouillon cubes + 2 c. water)
- 1 1/2 c. organic Yukon Gold Potatoes (I used 4 small potatoes)
- 1 c. chopped organic rotisserie chicken breast (Bryan made this earlier last week)
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley leaves
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon leaves
- 1/4 c. organic heavy whipping cream
How to Prepare Leeks:
How to Make the Soup:
1. Melt butter in Medium Pot on stove over medium low heat.
2. Thinly slice prepared leeks and mince garlic.
3. Add leeks and garlic to butter with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until soft and slightly golden brown.
4. Finely chop potatoes; roughly chop rotisserie chicken.
5. Add vegetable broth, chicken broth, potatoes and chicken to pot. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
6. Add seasonings and whisk in cream.
7. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Bon Appetit! ~Melissa