Last Week’s Basket from Milk and Honey Organics:
This Week’s Basket from Milk and Honey Organics:
Last Week’s Basket:
- Baked Potatoes (Rub with organic olive oil and sprinkle with coarse sea salt; bake at 450F for 45 minutes to an hour.)
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Steamed Broccoli and Peas
- Veggie Fried Rice with Stir-fried Eggs
- Protein Smoothies (I made the bananas into protein smoothies for breakfasts this week: 1 banana, 1 c. raw milk, 1 Tbsp. peanut butter, and 1 scoop chocolate protein powder.)
- The beets are roasting as I blog, getting ready to be pureed and transformed into Chocolate Beet Cupcakes!
- The apples will be made into Bryan’s Famous Apple Pie sometime in the next week!
- Chicken Leek Soup (Leeks from last week + Yukon Gold Potatoes from this week)
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Sliced Peaches for dessert
More Recipe Ideas for This Week:
- Fresh Guacamole
- Turkey, Avocado, and Cranberry Sandwich (whole wheat bread and sliced jellied cranberry sauce makes this!)
- Southern Living’s Blueberry Salsa (perfect colors for Memorial Day)
- Blueberry Pancakes or Muffins
- Use as a topping on cereal or oatmeal with a handful of walnuts or pecans
- Blueberry Limeade (Make a simple syrup with lime juice, water and sugar; add blueberries and cook for several minutes to release juices; drain and add water; serve.)
- Ginger Orange Chicken Stirfry with Baby Bok Choy
- Cucumber Sandwiches (This was a favorite breakfast option the summer I spent in Europe: whole wheat toast spread with cream cheese or neufchatel, topped with thinly sliced cucumbers, and sprinkled with fresh dill, served open-faced.)
- Cucumber Salad
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Drizzle with an all-natural Thousand Island or French dressing and sprinkled with Raw Sugar.
- Serve with slices of Mozzarella Cheese, Balsamic Vinegar and fresh Basil.
- Enjoy in their pure form, sprinkled with salt and/or pepper.
- Gina’s Cilantro Lime Rice
- Zucchini, Squash, Onion: Baked Penne with Roasted Veggies
- French Onion Soup
- Fresh Romaine Salad (see The Perfect Salad post)