I’m doing a little research on God’s Faithfulness (hence, the latest post on Learning from Elisabeth Elliot). I’m in charge of decorations for an upcoming Mercy Ministry Dinner for some ladies in our church and I want to make the decor match the theme of the evening: God’s Faithfulness.
I’m still playing with several ideas. Here’s what I have so far:
- “Great is Thy Faithfulness” sheet music cut into pendants and sewn into banners as table runners
- Fresh flowers (violets, irises and rosemary symbolize faithfulness)
- Maybe incorporating tea cups as vases
- Rocks that say “Faith” on them (is that cheezy?)
- Egg theme, since we’re close to Easter
- Cross decor?
- Rainbows (or scattered crystals that would create rainbows when hit with light)
- The colors white and silver can be symbolic of faith
- “Fruit of the Spirit” route, decorating with fresh or artificial fruit arrangements (maybe a pear or apple with a ribbon tied to the stem with a card that says “Faithfulness” in a pretty font (like Zapfino)
- “Faith as a grain of mustard seed” concept?
A secondary theme is Amy Carmichael, so I’ve thought about the following:
- Adding some of her quotes scattered on the table
- Adding some of her quotes as part of a decoupage placemat
- Adding some of her quotes into the “Great is Thy Faithfulness” banner idea
Here are some other ideas I like:
I also have to keep in mind that they’ll be using white china with gold trim for the place settings, so I can’t be too informal. I want to use bright spring colors. Oh, and I have a budget of $100 for 20 tables. Any ideas?!