- organic olive oil (mist or about 1 tsp.)
- 1 medium organic carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. organic red onion, diced
- 2 large organic silver mushrooms, chopped
- 8-10 organic grape tomatoes, halved or quartered (depending on size)
- 5 organic eggs
- 1/4 c. organic whole milk
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 oz. of your favorite cheese (we used gouda with mustard seed)
- 2-4 Tbsp. fresh organic parsley leaves, chopped
- 2-4 Tbsp. fresh organic cilantro leaves, chopped
- Spray omelet pan with organic olive oil. Heat to medium heat.
- Add chopped veggies and sautee for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs and milk together with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium low and pour eggs over veggies.
- Add cheese and let cook through for 5-7 minutes. (Tip: Run your spatula along the outside edge of the pan to release eggs from edges of pan; tilt pan towards released edge so the liquid egg on top runs under the portion your loosening.)
- Fold in half or scramble.
- Top with freshly chopped cilantro and parsley.
- Serve hot.
Not seen: Fresh hot coffee and my friend Shannah! So good to hang out with her! When I plated our breakfast, Shannah remarked, “Yum! That looks like something I’d see on a blog I read.” She was referring to my blog. So, of course, I had to take a picture. 🙂
After our brunch, I met my friend Jan at the gym for her first post-baby workout! She was so excited to finally be released to workout and I was so excited to have my workout buddy back! 🙂 Now for some chicken and black bean chili in a leftover sourdough bread bowl and off to run Saturday errands before Bryan wakes up for our evening meal.