We spent much of tonight discussing diet plans for this holiday season, so we only had time to do 1 minute on each station, but it was still a great workout. We used the Nike Boom App on Interval Training mode to time 1 minute reps with 15 second breaks between (time to move between stations), and got to listen to peppy music while we worked out. (FYI, it’s a free app for Droid and iPhone!)
Warm-up: walk in place while doing arm circles, followed by shaking your arms out. Then do 30 toe touches and 30 side bends (touch the sides of your knees with your fingertips if you can).
1. Charlie’s Angels Lunges: while performing alternating forward lunges, put your hands together like you’re making a gun with your fingers and point to your left when your left foot is forward, right when your right foot is forward.
2. Glute Leg Lift: down on all fours, with a flat back, lift one leg straight back and pulse upward. Switch legs half-way through.
3. Jump Rope
4. Hydrants: down on all fours again, with a flat back, lift bent leg upward on your side. Switch legs half-way through.
5. Alternating Front Lifts and Lateral Raises with 5 lb. weights.
6. Wall Squats: that’s right, just sit there…how low can you go?!
7. Kneeling Twist & Bend: Kneel on right knee, placing left leg straight out to the side; sitting up straight, twist at your waist toward the straight leg, then bend toward the straight leg, and return to center position. Switch legs half-way through.
8. Bicep Curls to Overhead Press with 5 lb. weights.
9. Pushup to Upward Dog to Downward Dog Cycle.
10. Tricep Overhead Extensions with 8 or 10 lb. weight.
Cool-down: Walk in place while performing wrist circles. Follow with tricep stretch (pat on back), cross over arm stretches, cat/cow stretch, and deep breathing, incorporating arms and legs.