It’s been a really long week. We are thankful for the challenges and how God is using them to help us trust Him on a regular basis. Needless to say, we were exhausted from such a crazy week, so we slept in later than normal. I woke up earlier than Bryan, which is a rarity. I took this opportunity to make some oatmeal from scratch and an apple walnut topper. I prepared the oatmeal with milk according to the Quaker package instructions. Meanwhile, I melted 1 Tbsp. butter over medium low heat, chopped up a large Fuji apple and tossed that in the butter. Then I sprinkled the apples generously with cinnamon, and added two handfuls of walnuts, a splash of vanilla and about 1/4 c. of packed brown sugar. I let this mixture simmer until it was warm and bubbly. Then I made a little well in my oatmeal and poured in the apples and nut mixture. I made Bryan some Earl Grey tea, and I enjoyed a cup of French Press Organic Peruvian Coffee with my breakfast.
Search This Blog:
This is My Journey!
- "It is God to whom and with whom we travel, and while He is the end of our journey, He is also at every stopping place." — Elisabeth Elliot
- New Beginnings… myjourneytolean.com/2017/04/16/new… https://t.co/PPjGFU4m0U 6 days ago
- Allegory of Herbert’s “Love (III)” myjourneytolean.com/2017/03/18/all… 1 month ago
Link your site to My Journey To Lean.
This Week’s Top Ten
- "His Robes for Mine" by Chris Anderson and Greg Habegger
- The China Study Diet...Day 5
- Get a Star-Quality Midriff
- Book Review: Food, Fitness, and Faith For Women
- Rejoice in the Lord by Ron Hamilton
- Campfire Lunches - Fun Idea For Kids
- Free eBook from Leo Babauta of Zen Habits
- Theme: God's Faithfulness
- Recipe: Organic Veggie Omelet
- A Delightful Evening: Celebrating God's Faithfulness through the Life of Amy Carmichael