It’s been a really long week. We are thankful for the challenges and how God is using them to help us trust Him on a regular basis. Needless to say, we were exhausted from such a crazy week, so we slept in later than normal. I woke up earlier than Bryan, which is a rarity. I took this opportunity to make some oatmeal from scratch and an apple walnut topper. I prepared the oatmeal with milk according to the Quaker package instructions. Meanwhile, I melted 1 Tbsp. butter over medium low heat, chopped up a large Fuji apple and tossed that in the butter. Then I sprinkled the apples generously with cinnamon, and added two handfuls of walnuts, a splash of vanilla and about 1/4 c. of packed brown sugar. I let this mixture simmer until it was warm and bubbly. Then I made a little well in my oatmeal and poured in the apples and nut mixture. I made Bryan some Earl Grey tea, and I enjoyed a cup of French Press Organic Peruvian Coffee with my breakfast.
Search This Blog:
This is My Journey!
- "It is God to whom and with whom we travel, and while He is the end of our journey, He is also at every stopping place." — Elisabeth Elliot
- Love getting pictures from customers of how and where they hang… instagram.com/p/BeGEeN3A-hzu… 6 months ago
- A beautiful set for a client who plans to hang them side by side… instagram.com/p/BcbEGiug8PG2… 7 months ago
Link your site to My Journey To Lean.
This Week’s Top Ten
- The China Study Diet...Day 5
- Biggest Loser 2011 Thanksgiving Dinner
- "His Robes for Mine" by Chris Anderson and Greg Habegger
- Boost Your Brain: Boost Your Body, by Daniel G. Amen, M.D. (Mar. 15, 2010)
- Rejoice in the Lord by Ron Hamilton
- This Week's Meal Plan
- Campfire Lunches - Fun Idea For Kids
- Produce Spotlight: Champagne Grapes
- Recipe: Blueberry Salsa from Southern Living
- A New Approach: MyPyramid.Gov