It’s been a really long week. We are thankful for the challenges and how God is using them to help us trust Him on a regular basis. Needless to say, we were exhausted from such a crazy week, so we slept in later than normal. I woke up earlier than Bryan, which is a rarity. I took this opportunity to make some oatmeal from scratch and an apple walnut topper. I prepared the oatmeal with milk according to the Quaker package instructions. Meanwhile, I melted 1 Tbsp. butter over medium low heat, chopped up a large Fuji apple and tossed that in the butter. Then I sprinkled the apples generously with cinnamon, and added two handfuls of walnuts, a splash of vanilla and about 1/4 c. of packed brown sugar. I let this mixture simmer until it was warm and bubbly. Then I made a little well in my oatmeal and poured in the apples and nut mixture. I made Bryan some Earl Grey tea, and I enjoyed a cup of French Press Organic Peruvian Coffee with my breakfast.
Search This Blog:
This is My Journey!
- "It is God to whom and with whom we travel, and while He is the end of our journey, He is also at every stopping place." — Elisabeth Elliot
- New morning mercies! When one of your best friends "happens" to be… instagram.com/p/BYMCs8Cg-wQh… 1 month ago
- Children’s Ministry: Let’s Talk Vision myjourneytolean.com/2017/08/23/chi… https://t.co/AQgrITjT48 1 month ago
Link your site to My Journey To Lean.
This Week’s Top Ten
- "His Robes for Mine" by Chris Anderson and Greg Habegger
- The China Study Diet...Day 5
- Rejoice in the Lord by Ron Hamilton
- Top 10 New Mom Resources
- This Week's Meal Plan
- My Bio: The Journey Begins
- Book Review: Food, Fitness, and Faith For Women
- Theme: God's Faithfulness
- Weekly Recipes and Meal Plan
- Allegory of Herbert's "Love (III)"