Get ready for a nutritious and delicious explosion of flavor in your mouth. This is a new recipe I created last night that was so yummy I had to share! I can’t wait to eat the leftovers for lunch today! And it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 3/4 c. dry quinoa
- 3/4 c. 2% organic milk
- 3/4 c. water
- 2 tsp. organic butter
- 1 tsp. garlic infused oil (you could use 1 tsp. olive oil and 1 minced garlic clove)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 organic leek (white and light green portion only)
- 1 can organic black beans (about 10 oz.)
- 3 oz. feta cheese crumbles (1 good size handful)
- 2 organic roma tomatoes, chopped
- sour cream and paprika to top
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Prepare quinoa: combine water, milk, and quinoa in a medium pot and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cover, simmering for 15 minutes (until moisture is absorbed).
- Heat large saute pan with butter and garlic oil. Slice leeks into strips or rounds and add to pan. Sautee with salt and pepper.
- Drain black beans and add to cooked leeks.
- Add feta cheese and stir till beans are warm and feta is melted into mixture.
- Add diced tomatoes and warm through.
- Serve black bean mixture over the quinoa; top with a dollup of organic sour cream and avocado slices; sprinkle with paprika. Goes well with all natural tortilla strips and Publix Greenwise Organic Salsa.
Servings: 2 good source dinner portions or 4 side dish portions (in case you want to serve tacos, grilled chicken or steak strips on the side).