by Harriet Dickson (my pastor’s wife from Ohio)
Makes 8 servings.
- 3-4 c. brewed coffee (the original recipe says 3/4 c. coffee, but I never knew if this was coffee grounds or brewed coffee or just a typo, so I use one french press of coffee or one small pot of coffee)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. milk (I use 2% organic)
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. Hershey’s Syrup (I use the Dark Chocolate Syrup)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Brew coffee and cinnamon together. (Mix cinnamon into coffee grounds before brewing.)
- Heat rest of ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Add brewed coffee to saucepan.
- Serve hot.
This makes a great holiday beverage or just a good dessert coffee. After making it a time or two, you won’t even need to measure. Just add the ingredients in the proportions you like.