This Week’s Basket from Milk and Honey Organics Included Bananas, South Carolina Peaches, Red Globe Grapes (caution: watch out for seeds), Tommy Atkins Mangos (not pictured: we got more of something else), Purple Garlic, Ginger, Local Green Cabbage, Hurricane Creek Romaine Lettuce, Globe Eggplant, Russet Potatoes, and Bioway Farms’ Squash and Cucumbers.
This Week’s Meal Plan:
Recipes for this Week’s Meal Plan:
- Pancake Bar – use your favorite pancake mix or simple recipe and top with anything you like. If you’re adding peaches, bananas, chocolate, etc. to them, pour the batter first and let it cook for a minute on the first side, then top with fillings and cook another minute or so before flipping.
- Egg Salad – hard boil eggs ahead of time, cool, peel and chop, then add the dressing (1/2 c. mayo, 1-2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard, salt, pepper, dill, a pinch of sugar and a splash of apple cider vinegar whisked together).
- Grilled Peaches – Spray with a little olive oil before adding to the grill at the last five minutes or so of cooking the pork chops (optional: sprinkle with nutmeg).
- Sautéed Squash and Onions – Pan fry thin slices in 1 Tbsp. butter with salt and pepper till just soft and slightly translucent.
- Sautéed Cabbage – Chop into bite size pieces and cook in 1 Tbsp. butter with salt and pepper till soft and slightly caramelized (medium to medium high heat and keep it moving so it doesn’t burn).
- Sautéed Onions and Peppers – slice into strips and toss in a hot pan with 1 tsp. olive oil till just tender and slightly translucent. Feel free to cook the chicken sausage links right down in the middle of this, if you don’t feel like grilling.
- Baked Potato – rub with oil, sprinkle with coarse sea salt, and roast on a pan at 450F for 40-50 minutes.
- Bacon Jam
- Cheesy Garlic Bread – mince garlic and mix into a stick of melted butter, brush over bread (French loaf or Italian loaf, cut in half, cut side up on pan), sprinkle with shredded cheese, and broil till cheese is golden brown (keep an eye on it).
- My Favorite Falafel
- Tzatziki Sauce
- And the rest are on M&H’s Recipes Archive page.