This Week’s Basket (from Milk and Honey Organics) Included Hurricane Creek’s Lettuce, Parisi Farms’ Cherokee Purple Tomatoes, Parisi Farms’ White Sweet Potatoes, Bioway Farms’ Garlic, Bananas, South Carolina Peaches, Red Delicious Apples, White Mushrooms, Beets with Beet Greens, Local Collards, Apricots, and Jumbo Red Onions.
This Week’s Meal Plan (using PepperPlate.com):
Recipes for this Week’s Meal Plan:
- Carnitas with Black Beans and Cilantro Lime Rice (“Carnitas” not included in this week’s plan, but feel free to add it as a delicious accompaniment to your beans and rice!)
- Tomato Egg Cups
- For Cheesy Grits, follow package instructions and add 1/2 c. of shredded cheddar (or your favorite cheese) during the last 2 minutes of cooking; a few cloves of minced garlic is also a nice addition.
- For the Garlic Toast, I highly recommend mincing fresh garlic and spreading it on your toast with butter before broiling. Yum!
- Fettucine Alfredo (homemade Alfredo Sauce)
- Brown Rice Bar (aka “Unfried Rice”) - a great way to use up leftovers!
- And, see M&H’s Recipes Archive page!
- Bananas make a great snack, or peel them and freeze them to add to a quick breakfast smoothie!