This Week’s Basket from M&H Included Jumbo Yellow Onions, Purple Garlic (it’s hiding in the basket), Red Leaf Lettuce, Star Ruby Grapefruit, Valencia Oranges, South Carolina Peaches, Roma Tomatoes, Bananas, Local Broccoli, Parisi Kale, Parisi Patty Pan Squash and Parisi Purple Sweet Potatoes.
This Week’s Menu Plan via www.PepperPlate.com:
This Week’s Recipes:
- Herbed Risotto with Parmesan (you can substitute white rice if you prefer)
- Chianti Braised Short Ribs (I ended up making this for Memorial Day and my husband told me no less than six times over the following three days that I could make it any time I wanted…along with the Herbed Risotto above!)
- Toad in a Pattypan Hole
- Buttery Patty Pan Squash with Basil
- Wonton Soup (Emeril Lagasse)
- Pork Egg Rolls with Sweet and Sour Sauce (Emeril Lagasse)
- Rest of Recipes can be found on the Recipes Archive page of the blog.
And for even more ideas on what to do with your basket, check out M&H owner Christine’s “MyMilknHoney” Pinterest account here…with a Sneak Peak below (boards separated by produce type!).
We had some special requests, since we already happened to have a bunch of stuff on hand, but M&H is good like that and doubles up on other things so you’re still satisfied! I can’t wait to make some bruschetta…or maybe tomato sauce with all those roams! And that bunch of blueberries is bigger than it looks! Here’s our basket:
Happy as a June Bug on a Summer Day! Enjoy your baskets!