- 2 Tbsp. Smart Balance mayo
- 1 tsp. spicy brown mustard
- ¼ tsp. anchovy paste
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp. capers
Making the salad:
- Whisk together dressing ingredients from above vigorously (so as to emulsify the oil).
- Combine shaved parmesan, shredded carrots and/or peppers, sunflower seeds and slivered onions (or whatever your favorite salad toppings are) to crisp salad greens.
- Toss salad with dressing to coat.
- Top salad with grilled chicken, fish, shrimp, or beans for an added boost of protein. Or, if you’re not in the mood for salad, try using the dressing as a marinade on fish or chicken before baking and serve over rice or couscous.
- Serve salad within one hour of coating with dressing; store in fridge if necessary. Or make the dressing ahead and keep in your fridge for a week or so.